Home » , , , » New Stuff// Oddities

New Stuff// Oddities

 It's no secret that I have acquired some weird things. It's a major hobby of mine to collect odd objects, because I always love having something interesting to look at. Some things even hold a piece of history.
My favorite for a while is any sort of weird doll head or bust. The collection is growing, and Mike, understandably so, makes sure they stay here in my office. I don't blame him, I know they can be creepy. But I still love them! This on above has three faces.
This cat mask is new, it was a birthday gift from my friends. I've mentioned it before, but I've been on the hunt for vintage halloween masks on and off for about a year now, and it's so great to finally have one. Even better that it's a cat!
OK, I haven't shared this one yet. It's a doozy. SFW, maybe? I don't know.
It's a vintage vibrator. You heard me. I knew exactly what it was when I saw it on the shelf before I bought it, because me being who I am, I'm pretty knowledgeable about the period of time when doctors prescribed these things to women who exhibited signs of "hysteria" (which is a word that basically combines female anatomy with "crazy", thanks guys). This is is probably the most unique and historic thing I own, and I love showing people when they're over.

This shot glass is new from the flea market I went to in Woodstock over labor day weekend. It's double paned for her eyes so they're always sort of moving. Fucking cool! She's saying "enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!"

This painting isn't vintage, but I also bought it at the Woodstock flea market. It reminded me a lot of Bojack Horseman! But it was one of those things that when I saw it I NEEDED IT. The artist is, unfortunately unknown. I asked the vendor and she either forgot or didn't know. It's still rad, and it looks great in the green hallway by the bathroom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.